Monday, June 20, 2011

Problems Solver meets Problem Enhancemet

Finally, some sun soaking, lazy loungin', pizza eating days!
We enjoyed our stay in Avingon and made our way to Arles. It is a quiet city of busy tourists to see the ruins of 2000 years prior. Yesterday we walked nearly 5 miles in the sun and heat before we got to set up camp, and to our demise one of our 3 tent poles snapped! I was pretty wiped at this point and I lay my head down and tried to stay out of Aarons way as he worked his magic. Now, we all have something I think that we do particularly well in times of distress. For some it is a problem solving genius state of mind that kicks in, and for others it is a whining, complaining, crying fit of rage that overcomes like a sudden possession from another concious existance... I'm sure there is something inbetween , I've just never seen it.
So Aaron gets to work, like he knows exactly what to do. Hardly a comprehendable word comes out of his mouth, and before I can slip into my fit he has halfway completed the solution. He takes the pole and completely dismantled it. He uses one of the less stressed poles that supports the bottom and switched it with the broken one from the top. INGENIUS!! and it totally worked! I wish I could say "go team work!", but this was Aaron's prideful moment! he rocked it! just glad he's mine  :)

We enjoyed pizza and beer and a pool after that ordeal, but the camp ground wasn't the best expeirience... so we are shipping out, still we don't know where; maybe Netherlands, Spain, Italy, or somewhere in the mountains!
Sending my love and thoughts of summer fun in every post!
~ J.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment